Whether you have recently undergone orthopaedic surgery, have been diagnosed with a neurologic condition, or are suffering from the
effects of a recent fall, weakness, or stroke, UPMC Visiting Nurses are here to help. Our rehabilitation team includes highly trained
therapists and nurses who have a wide range of specialty skills.
|The time after surgery or an acute illness can result in weakness that may interfere with your participation in your normal, routine
activities. Rehabilitation therapy is proven to be effective in increasing that strength.
Leaving your home is not always an easy or possible
option. Upon receiving an order from your physician, our Rehab staff comes to you – in the comfort of your own home.
- Specialize in post-op surgery programs for knee, hip and spinal surgeries
- Stroke rehabilitation
- Safe walking – Stair training
- Balance training
- Mobility equipment needs
- Pain assessment and treatment
- Energy conservation
- Improve upper body strength and function
- Improve independence with dressing, bathing, grooming, cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc.
- Provide home safety assessment
- Assess for adaptive equipment
- Hand therapy to improve functional hand skills
- Improve speaking and understanding of language
- Improve reading and comprehension of printed material
- Improve attention and focusing abilities
- Improve cognition
- Address swallowing challenges
- Voice changes
Our therapists and nurses live and work in their home communities, providing individualized, timely care to patients and their families. We have more
than 150 experienced home care therapists on our staff. We are available to you by phone, and if needed, can send someone to see patients even on weekends